Down here in sunny Florida, winter is definitely over, and we’ve already had some warmer days in the 80s this year (don’t hate!). As such, I’ve been preparing lighter recipes to cope with the heat. This light and fluffy raw vegan carrot soup recipe will leave you satisfied, but not overwhelmed on a warm day.
Sometimes I wander around my local grocery store’s produce aisle (big shout out to Publix for always having great produce and striving to get more organics into their stores) and farmers markets and let the vegetables that are randomly placed next to each other inspire my recipes, and sometimes I like to select plants that are botanically related, as in the case of this carrot soup recipe, where carrot and dill pair wonderfully together. The rest of the seasonings and ingredients just fall into place nicely after that.
Besides being delicious, carrots are also very beneficial to health. The name “carrot” comes from its primary nutrient, beta-carotine, which is an antioxidant that is important for prevention of cancer and heart disease. Carrots also stimulate and cleanse the liver, and help to lower cholesterol due to their high fiber content. Let’s all celebrate the carrot! 🙂
- 1 & 3/4 cups filtered water
- 4 medium organic carrots, chopped into 2-3" pieces
- 2 pearl onions, peeled
- 1 TB fresh dill, packed
- 1 clove AVC fermented garlic (substitution: 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soak in water for a few hours for better digestion)
- 2 TB sun dried tomatoes
- 2 TB coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- Add all ingredients into a high speed blender (e.g. Vitamix, Blendtec, etc.)
- Blend on high speed until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Serve and enjoy. 🙂
- My husband prefers his soup a little more watery than I do. If you'd like to thin it out, simply add a little more water.
- If you decide to garnish with some extra dill on top, it's very delicious. I ate that bowl of soup in the photograph right after I snapped the picture. 😉